Monday 25th June 2018
To the editor
Last week in the Victorian Parliament the Liberal Nationals proposed new laws that would fix Labor’s loophole and keep Russell Street Bomber Craig Minogue behind bars.
Those new laws could have been in effect today ensuring nobody who has killed a police officer can walk free on parole ‘“ but the Andrews Labor Government voted against our Bill.
We must get tough on law and order and make important reforms to bail and parole if we are to make Victoria a safer place.
It is disappointing that Daniel Andrews’ Labor Government does not agree.
The following Bills were also introduced to the Victorian last week which may be of interest to Murray Plains residents:
- Environment Protection Amendment Bill 2018
- Justice Legislation Miscellaneous Amendment Bill 2018
- Justice Legislation (Police and Other Matters) Bill 2018
- Prevention of Family Violence Bill 2018
- Racing Amendment (Integrity and Disciplinary Structures) Bill 2018
- Victorian Industry Participation Policy (Local Jobs First) Amendment Bill 2018
More information on the proposed Bills can be found at www.parliament.vic.gov.au/legislation.
Please contact my office if you need help accessing this information.
PETER WALSH MP
Member for Murray Plains