Thursday 29th June 2017
Grants allowing grassrooots sporting clubs to update their equipment upskill volunteers and coaches improve their operational effectiveness and introduce new participants are now open for applications.
Leader of The Nationals and Member for Murray Plains Peter Walsh has encouraged all local clubs and organisations to apply for round one of the 2017/18 Sporting Club Grants program
“Grant streams like this offer a great opportunity for clubs and associations to purchase new equipment and help improve their overall capabilities “ Mr Walsh said.
“This round also offers clubs an excellent opportunity to encourage and increase the level of Aboriginal participation “ he said.
Mr Walsh said the grants program had four categories:
- Uniforms or Equipment – up to $1000 to purchase new uniforms or equipment vital for participation in the sport.
- Skill Development – up to $2000 to improve the skills of club members by providing training for coaches officials administration staff and management committees.
- Club Operational Capacity – up to $5000 to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of clubs through strategic planning or to increase community participation through accessible sport and active recreation opportunities.
- Aboriginal Participation – up to $1000 for uniforms equipment up to $2000 for skills development training and up to $750 for travel.
- More information is available at http://sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/sporting-club-grants-program.
Applications close on July 19th 2017.