3 July 2015
The Regional Achievement and Community Awards have been launched for 2015.
Leader of The Nationals and Member for Murray Plains Peter Walsh said the awards reward
the valuable contribution individuals businesses groups and organisations are making in regional and rural Victoria.
“The Regional Achievement and Community Awards began in 2002 and have grown to become
one of the most prestigious awards programs in regional Victoria “ Mr Walsh said.
“The awards highlight the valuable contribution people make towards building stronger and better rural communities.
There are many terrific initiatives that deserve to be honoured with a nomination “ he said
Nominations are being sought in the following categories:
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- VACC Regional Safety Award
- Parks Victoria Environmental Sustainability Award
- Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Federation Training Gippsland Regional Achiever Award
- South West TAFE and Deakin University South West Regional Achiever Award
- Regional Development Victoria Leadership and Innovation Award
- MOA Benchmarking Community Service in Aged Care Award
Mr Walsh said the awards provided the perfect opportunity to recognise a diverse range of leaders and innovators who make their communities better places.
“We have many individuals groups programs and businesses worthy of nomination in Murray Plains so I encourage the community to make a nomination.”
Category winners will each receive $2 000 from Bank of Melbourne or an airtime package on the Prime 7 network.
Nominations close on Friday 24 July 2015.
For more information about the Awards or to nominate you can phone 03 9720 1638 or visit http://www.awardsaustralia.com/regional-achievement-community-awards/vic