Recreational fishing grants are now open
Friday 7 December 2018
Leader of The Nationals and Member for Murray Plains Peter Walsh has encouraged fishing enthusiasts across the electorate to apply for the 2018-19 Recreational Fishing Grants Program.
“The Recreational Fishing Grants program provides a fantastic opportunity for local fishers to apply for both small and large grants to improve recreational fishing and provide financial assist for projects,” Mr Walsh said.
“Last year over $1.1 million was allocated to 16 projects across the state that will benefit recreational fishers.
“Increased participation in recreational fishing provides a flow-on effect for regional businesses, including for those in the Murray Plains electorate.”
The Recreational Fishing Grants Program consists of two parts:
- Small grants of up to $5,000 (GST exclusive) for projects to improve recreational fishing and
- Large grants for projects from $5,001 to $100,000 (GST exclusive).
The small grants program is open all year round with a user-friendly application form with a quick turnaround cutting processing times for angling clubs and community groups to apply.
Applications in the large grants program will be accepted until 28 February 2019 and will be sought into the following categories:
- Recreational fisheries’ sustainability and habitat improvement
- Recreational fishing access and facilities
- Recreation fisheries-related education, information and training
- Recreational fisheries-related research.
For more information about the Recreational Fishing Grants Program please visit: https://vfa.vic.gov.au/recreational-fishing/recreational-fishing-grants-program or by phoning the Secretariat Richard Rogala on (03) 8392 6872 or emailing email@example.com.