Member for Swan Hill Peter Walsh is encouraging Kerang, Torrumbarry and Pyramid/Boort Water Service District irrigators to attend an upcoming public forum on proposed changes to Victoria’s water law.
“I recently released the Water Bill Exposure Draft to provide Victorians the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the state’s water laws,” Mr Walsh said.
“Release of the Exposure Draft is an important milestone in the Victorian Government’s comprehensive review of Victoria's water laws. This review will deliver a more effective legislative framework for water management and use in Victoria.
“Attending the information session in Kerang on Tuesday 4 February gives locals the chance to learn more about the new Act and have their say before it is introduced to Parliament.
“There will be representatives from the Victorian Government providing information on the Act review, before an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
“I encourage interested irrigators and general public to register for the public forum and be involved in shaping the legislation’s future.”
The water law review public forum will be held at Kerang Valley Resort at 6.30pm on Tuesday 4 February. Registrations close 31 January.
Phone 9027 4500 or email email@example.com
Friday, January 24, 2014
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Acknowledging a Goulburn Valley water leader
- Two New board members at Goulburn Murray Water
- Local Kinders Receive Napthine Government Grants
- New board members at Goulburn Murray Water
- Cruel Puppy And Kitten Breeders Getting Smashed Out Of Business
- Kia Ora Piggery Finalist For Premiers Sustainability Awards
- Metro Framework to drive Melbournes Water Future
- 938000 dollar makeover for the Sunraysia Highway and Donald Stawell Road
- Coalition funds fish motels at Boga and Kangaroo lakes
- Victorian Government Supports Buloke Retailers
Agriculture Election Water Other Issues Liquor Licensing Transport Forests Law and Order Police Community Animal Welfare Education Grants