Northern Victoria has received a major boost for flood recovery with a $2.64 million contract awarded to reconstruct a number of VicRoads controlled roads affected by the January floods, Member for Swan Hill, Peter Walsh, announced today.
Mr Walsh said that the contractor, RE Civil Pty Ltd, have begun works to rebuild sections of the Murray Valley Highway and the Kerang-Koondrook, Kerang-Murrabit, Bendigo-Pyramid and Boort-Charlton Roads.
“Many of these roads were badly damaged during the January floods and it is vital that we begin the process of rebuilding them.
“The works include repairs to a 1.7km section of the Murray Valley Highway between the Loddon Valley Highway and Sleepy Lane in Kerang, which has remained closed with signed detours since January 2011,” Mr Walsh said
A section of the Murray Valley Highway near the weigh station to the north of Kerang has also been included in the works. This will provide a smoother road surface which will improve safety and ride quality for motorists.
“So far, $78.9 million has been spent on repairing flood damaged VicRoads controlled roads state-wide. VicRoads and its contractors are working hard to restore access and reduce the impact the floods have had on Victorians,” Mr Walsh said.
“The Victorian Coalition Government is committed to reopening these roads so that local communities and industry can return to normal.”
Work began on 28 November and will be completed by the end of March 2012, weather permitting.
Over the construction period, message boards will be on site to advise motorists of the latest information. The work sites will also be under traffic management control to minimise traffic disruptions.
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Coalition improving care for Echuca pets in need
- Re elected Coalition to introduce extra Swan Hill train trips
- Coalition to introduce extra weekday Echuca train
- Coalition Delivers Victorias Hunting Action Plan
- Coalition commits 45 million dollars for river frontage care
- Sonac Maryborough Expansion Secures Local Jobs
- Coalition Delivers Funding For Charlton and Donald A & P Societies
- Coalition Delivers Funding For St Arnaud A & P Society
- Special small projects grant for Stawell Ag Society
- 100000 dollar water supply study for Moonambel
Election Education Community Grants Agriculture Police Liquor Licensing Law and Order Forests Water Transport Animal Welfare Other Issues