Member for Swan Hill, Peter Walsh, has expressed his delight at the success of several local Transport Connections bus services which have received approval to continue operating on a permanent basis.
“The importance of bus services for our rural communities to access larger centres is vital for those communities long term survival,” Mr Walsh said.
“Many people prefer to live in smaller, rural communities but access to essential services is often limited and so there is an important need for transport services to larger centres where these essential services are located.
“The decision by the Department of Transport to make permanent the bus routes which service the communities of Sea Lake, Wycheproof, Boort, St Arnaud and Marnoo justify the efforts of these towns to have a service provided to them,” he said.
“The trial periods for these routes all indicated a high level of usage indicating the need for them to be maintained to enable the residents to travel to the larger centres which have the services these residents are seeking.
“I congratulate these communities and the local Transport Connections Program workers who have lobbied so well to have the services initiated and, now, given permanence,” Mr Walsh said.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Thai Fruit Industry Marketers Visit Swan Hill
- Local Landscapes Receive Helping Hand
- Young People In Gannawarra Ready To Kick-Start Change
- Coalition commits to new food & beverage trade roles
- Discounts For Working Seniors
- 160000 Dollars For Swan Hill Landcare Groups
- Donald Memorial Park Receives Funding Boost
- Letter To The Editor Labor Duds Country Victoria
- Walsh Opens Swing Bridge
- Coalition invests in Campaspe River health
Other Issues Community Election Water Police Law and Order Animal Welfare Education Agriculture Transport Grants Forests Liquor Licensing