Member for Swan Hill, Peter Walsh, has expressed his delight at the success of several local Transport Connections bus services which have received approval to continue operating on a permanent basis.
“The importance of bus services for our rural communities to access larger centres is vital for those communities long term survival,” Mr Walsh said.
“Many people prefer to live in smaller, rural communities but access to essential services is often limited and so there is an important need for transport services to larger centres where these essential services are located.
“The decision by the Department of Transport to make permanent the bus routes which service the communities of Sea Lake, Wycheproof, Boort, St Arnaud and Marnoo justify the efforts of these towns to have a service provided to them,” he said.
“The trial periods for these routes all indicated a high level of usage indicating the need for them to be maintained to enable the residents to travel to the larger centres which have the services these residents are seeking.
“I congratulate these communities and the local Transport Connections Program workers who have lobbied so well to have the services initiated and, now, given permanence,” Mr Walsh said.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Coalition improving care for Echuca pets in need
- Re elected Coalition to introduce extra Swan Hill train trips
- Coalition to introduce extra weekday Echuca train
- Coalition Delivers Victorias Hunting Action Plan
- Coalition commits 45 million dollars for river frontage care
- Sonac Maryborough Expansion Secures Local Jobs
- Coalition Delivers Funding For Charlton and Donald A & P Societies
- Coalition Delivers Funding For St Arnaud A & P Society
- Special small projects grant for Stawell Ag Society
- 100000 dollar water supply study for Moonambel
Liquor Licensing Police Election Transport Other Issues Animal Welfare Agriculture Grants Forests Law and Order Education Community Water