High-achievers throughout the region can now be nominated for the 2012 Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
Member for Swan Hill, Peter Walsh, in recognising the range of businesses, skilled workforce and proactive community groups that exist throughout the region said that there were many worthy nominees for this year’s awards.
“These awards have built a prestigious reputation and I would strongly encourage people to consider nominating for one of the eight award categories on offer this year,” he said.
“The awards recognise regional businesses, individuals or community groups that make significant contributions to their communities or lead the way in sustainability and water efficiency.
“The Victorian Coalition Government is especially pleased to provide $78,500 to sponsor five of the awards on offer,” Mr Walsh said.
The Government, through Regional Development Victoria, Parks Victoria and the Department of Sustainability and Environment is providing $15,500 for each of these.
The 2012 Regional Achievement & Community Awards will be presented in Bendigo on October 13 and the award categories are:
• Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award
• Regional Development Victoria Trade and Career Achievement Award
• Parks Victoria Regional Achiever Award
• Parks Victoria Environment and Sustainability Award
• Medibank Healthy Participation Award
• Bluescope Distribution Leadership and Innovation Award
• Department of Sustainability and Environment Water Efficiency Improvements Award
• Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Walsh Urges Responsible Gambling
- Recreational fishing nets million dollar plus boost
- Public Safety Boost For Kerang
- Macular Degeneration Eye Checks Essential
- VicForests Resource Outlook
- 40 Years Of Mallee Rally To Be Celebrated
- Coalition support for freshwater research centre
- Recycled water flowing to 2000 Pakenham homes
- New feed mill to boost Gippsland livestock sector
- Emergency Services Grants Available
Grants Forests Transport Animal Welfare Other Issues Community Agriculture Election Water Liquor Licensing Police Education Law and Order