Further Country Fire Authority station upgrades have been announced for the Swan Hill electorate in today’s Liberal Nationals Coalition Government budget presented to State Parliament by Treasurer Kim Wells.
Another six CFA stations have been targeted for replacement.
“The focus on developing our vital local fire brigade resources has continued with the announcement of six more communities to receive upgraded facilities,” Mr Walsh said following the delivery of today’s budget.
“Wilkur South, Berriwillock, Buckrabanyule, the co-location project in Wycheproof, Lake Charm and Meering West CFA stations have all been listed for funding.
“This is great news for these communities and continues the focus the Liberal Nationals Coalition Government have had in ensuring our rural and regional communities are appropriately catered for,” he said.
“The 2012-13 budget is the most responsible delivered in Victoria for more than a decade.
“It has been developed having to deal with the $1 billion deficit inherited from the former Labor Government, massive project cost overruns through Labor’s mismanagement and major reductions in revenue sources in the form of GST cuts and the reduction of land transfer stamp duty income.
“It has been developed taking into account the economic challenges of our times and the current needs of our communities,” Mr Walsh said.
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Brim Sports & Social Club Upgrade A Breath Of Fresh Air
- Construction begins on Australian Grains Genebank
- Red Shield Day
- Victorian water innovation a world-beater at Chelsea
- Innovative irrigation ideas for productive farmers
- Walsh Seeks Review Of Warracknabeal Target Decision
- Streetlife Grants Round Two Open
- Walsh Urges Responsible Gambling
- Recreational fishing nets million dollar plus boost
- Public Safety Boost For Kerang
Animal Welfare Water Transport Community Law and Order Liquor Licensing Agriculture Grants Other Issues Education Police Election Forests