Member for Swan Hill, Peter Walsh, is appalled by Labor’s education spokesman Rob Hulls for his blatant scaremongering and misinformation relating to the operation of country school bus services.
“I am extremely disappointed that Rob Hulls would stoop to making inaccurate and misleading statements in relation to the provision of school buses,” Mr Walsh said today.
“He has deliberately tried to panic parents of children who travel on school buses into thinking that they are going to lose these services and nothing could be further from the truth.
“Rob Hull knows full well that regular audits of school buses are conducted throughout the state to ensure there are enough services available for students.
“This is just a deliberate scare campaign by an opposition politician desperate to get his name in print,” Mr Walsh said.
“The Department of Transport has always conducted routine reviews of school bus services to ensure they are meeting demand and are operating in accordance with long established Department of Education and Early Childhood Development guidelines.
“We have hundreds of country students travelling to schools throughout the Swan Hill electorate and it is essential that the needs of these students are continued to be met.
“Eligibility of students to travel on these buses will not be reduced and the Baillieu Government will continue to ensure that the best possible services are provided for our students,” Mr Walsh said.
Thursday, June 09, 2011
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Walsh Urges Responsible Gambling
- Recreational fishing nets million dollar plus boost
- Public Safety Boost For Kerang
- Macular Degeneration Eye Checks Essential
- VicForests Resource Outlook
- 40 Years Of Mallee Rally To Be Celebrated
- Coalition support for freshwater research centre
- Recycled water flowing to 2000 Pakenham homes
- New feed mill to boost Gippsland livestock sector
- Emergency Services Grants Available
Other Issues Animal Welfare Community Transport Agriculture Water Law and Order Police Election Forests Liquor Licensing Grants Education